Monday, May 13, 2013

Coney Island

Today I decided to visit Coney Island because I never have been before. Yes the rides weren't open but that doesn't matter to me because I don’t like rides and that’s not why I went. I wanted to relax and take a peaceful walk which is exactly what I got. So I started my walk on the Riegelmann Boardwalk. As I walked past all the shops that were closed and the dinosaurs bones of rides with no life to them, just cold metal sitting there in the blue open sky; I just let my mind wonder. With very few people around and the breeze from the sea it was just very relaxing. Most people were upset because it is a cooler day so they couldn't lie out in the sun but I was happy I like it a bit cooler with the ocean gently lapping in. George Tilyou said “If Paris is France, Coney Island, between June and September, is the world” he has a different reason to say that then me but I agree with him today. The feeling of the place stays even when all the people are gone, the spirit lives on. Of course before I ended my day at Coney Island I had to have a Nathan’s hot dog from the original Nathan’s, “New York’s favorite hot dog since 1916”.








No comments:

Post a Comment