Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Commemorating Project DUMBO 2013


Featuring artwork by Jamieson Riling
Project DUMBO has been a tremendously enlightening experience. I could not put into words how much I have learned from living in the city with eleven art majors... I will not even try. As the trip is narrowing to an end, I want to  somehow keep a visual recollection of the many experiences I have had, galleries I have been to, artists I have met, and things that I have learned. Being that it is nearly impossible to put into words the experience that I have had, I am beginning to put together a scrapbook.



The scrapbook thus far consists of tickets from places that we have been, artists' cards from the many galleries and artists that we have visited, some subway sketches, and other memorabilia. I want to capture everybody's essence and individuality in the book, so I have asked everybody to sketch and write on the pages. A lot of the quotes that are written in the scrapbook were favored quoted of artists, quotes that I have found in street art, and graffiti from around
the city.




No comments:

Post a Comment