Sunday, May 12, 2013

Cutlog Art Fair

Out of the many art fairs we have attended the Cutlog Air Fair has been my favorite. Cutlog consisted of three floors made up a maze of what seemed like never ending art. Around every corner was another hall full of more art covering the walls and plenty of people to meet and talk to.



 

Cutlog seemed so much more informal than other art fairs and therefore I felt more inclined and welcome to linger and spend more time with the pieces I was most interested in. 
The art varied greatly between drawings, paintings, installations, and performance art. But the pieces I was most enamored by were the drawings represented by the House of the Nobleman Gallery. Even though the works were by various artists, they all had a common theme of intricate, highly detailed, and labor intensive pieces varying from drawings to sculptures, to cut out paper art. The convoluted line work in many of these pieces provided the possibility of movement that kept my attention at each drawing and the attention to detail in so many of these pieces is what held me at each drawing.



 






















-Maggie Zurbruegg-Ramey

No comments:

Post a Comment