Saturday, May 11, 2013

Heart of India


Tonight for dinner, I went to “Heart of India” in the East Village, 72, 2nd Ave. (bet. 4th and 5th St.). As soon as you walk through the door, the atmosphere is very appealing. During your dinner a sitar player plays classic Indian music. Everyone is very polite and your water glass is never left empty. I had samosa as an appetizer and for my dinner I had chicken tikka masala, both very delicious and what I was craving for the evening. I mean, what is better than a delicious sauce over rice? To me, nothing. The manager, Mohammod, took a real interest in me and my tattoos. He took such an interest in me he gave me free desert (rice pudding) just to keep talking to me. He told me he wanted a tattoo but he was afraid to go through with it. He told me he wants a snake on his forearm. He talked to me for a half hour if not longer and before I left he gave me his card. I would most defiantly go back for dinner again not only for the meal but for the company as well.

-Alex Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment