Thursday, May 9, 2013

Being a Tourist




After the opening of our show, we were given a break for a few days. We had time to rest and then explore the city on our own. I spent the first day of break in Central Park. The weather was perfect to enjoy the scenery. I was even inspired by John Singer Sargent's paintings to bring my watercolors with me. 


Balto




For the remainder of break my family came to visit. After hitting the hotspots in Dumbo, Superfine and Front Street Pizza, we explored Lower Manhattan. We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge to go to the Seaport Mall. 





The annual bike tour was held on Sunday. It was a spectacle to watch until we had to cross the street. I even saw someone from my hometown participating in the race.


We navigated through Chinatown to find my favorite gluten free bakery, Babycakes. 


Went to Battery Park City to see the Irish Hunger Memorial, created by the artist Brian Tolle. 





And a family visit is never complete until your parents take embarrassing photos of you. 


Although we all had fun on our days off, we were glad to all be reunited again because that meant more group dinners.




No comments:

Post a Comment