Friday, May 10, 2013

A Day Off- Bronx Zoo

Midway through our trip, we were given a few days off to go explore and do things on our own. The previous week, we had mad a trip to the Bronx Zoo. I could not have been more excited, as I was waiting patiently to go and it happened on my 22nd birthday. The zoo was flooded with children, and I will admit, I was just as excited as they were. But, the Bronx Zoo was so large we could not make it through in one day, so Renee and I decided to return on our days off, along with a visit to Central Park.

                                         Central Park

Being an animal lover my entire life, I could easily spend every day at the zoo and be happy. This was one of my favorite things so far living in Brooklyn, and I am beyond happy I went back. The first thing Renee and I did the second time at the Zoo was ride a camel. Now, this may sound easy, and being an equestrian for 12 years I thought it would be, but it was still scary. I knew camels were tall, but I never thought it would be so hard to stay sitting on one! It was an amazing experience, even if it was just like a pony ride, I would do it over again.

The Bronx Zoo was unlike any other
 zoo I had been too, the animals were
 so close and we were able to get such
a great look at them all. Many of them
 actually interacted with the people
through the glass. One of the Baboons was sitting right up against the glass with his hands on it, watching everyone go by. I have added a variety of photos to this blog post so I can share part of the great experience that I have had. I was able to combine my love for photography and animals in the same day, and I would do it all over again.

-Kate Gott


No comments:

Post a Comment