Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Day Off at Strand






Today I went to one of the biggest book stores I've ever been in.  Strand is located at 828 Broadway at 12th street which is part of Greenwich Village. This book store is not only unique in terms of its size but also in what types of books they sell. Most bookstores sell either used books or new books, but in Strand they sell both together. It truly makes for a different experience as you look down the shelves with new and old next to each other. Before you even walk in the door there are books surrounding the store, but the best part of these books are they start at .49 cents up to two dollars. There is no way of beating that price. I got five books for 12 bucks! This is how I spend my day off in the city, an opportunity I would not have had at home.
-Alex Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment