Monday, April 29, 2013

Reactions to The Frick Collection

Individual reactions to our day at The Frick Collection 

On our way to The Frick Collection


Gina "Frick-en awesome"

Christina "It's definitely my new favorite place to be. I liked Sir Thomas More Hans by Holbein The Younger"

http://0.tqn.com/d/gonyc/1/0/M/D/TFC_Holbein_19121077.jpg
Holbein The Younger, Sir Thomas More Hans

Andrew "My new Sunday favorite."

Julia "I was satisfied just seeing the Gilbert Stuart portrait of George Washington."

George Washington, Gilbert Stuart

Renee "Mind blowing!"

Alex "Amazing!"

Jamieson "I loved the Van Dyck and Rembrandt, they took my breath away. I was literally like -ahh."

Frans Snyder, Anthony Sir Van Dyck

Nicolaes Ruts, Rembrandt van Rijn

Kate "My favorite part about the Frick was that they hold a Sunday sketch in thier garden open to everyone which is perfect for us art students!"

Maggie "I fell in love with Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres' Comtesse d'Haoussonville and her story."  

Comtesse d"Haussonville, J.A.D. Ingres

Aubrie "I thought the sketching was cool."

Amy "It was an elegant and enlightening experience."
-Maggie Zurbruegg-Ramey

No comments:

Post a Comment